Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Kissed a Girl and I Liked It

"It felt so wrong, it felt so right, don't mean I'm in love tonight."

With lyrics like that how could you not love Katy Perry? Her CD (One of the Boys) came out yeserday, and I downloaded it from iTunes first thing in the morning. Bad ass. The whole CD is the shiz. ChopStyx(my bestest bud ever who I do absolutely everything with) heard her on MySpace and we were jocking her song I Kissed a Girl, as well as her Ur So Gay for a week until the CD was available for us to get our greedy little paws onto. I've been listening to this CD for two straight days now and I can't get enough of it. Katy Perry's playing the Vans Warped Tour, which just so happens to be in San Fran on Saturday. Might need to check that out...

Last weekend was the awesomest ever. Why you ask? Let me tell you. Last weekend was a little thing I like to call the NorCal Pirate Festival. Fucking awesome. Only one on the whole west coast kids. I heard about it when I was on hold with my doc's office for 35 minutes; they had that thing where the radio's playing some gay music, but every 2 minutes (on the dot) they break in to tell you to keep holding, and that your call is Very Important... Anyway, I heard an ad for the Pirate Festival, and decided I needed to Google it. 2 full days of Piratey goodness? I'm in. ChopStyx was immediately in as well. Hef said that's not the kind of thing he plans to do in advance, he'd only commit the day before. Like something better could possibly come up? Pshaw. Styx's work is a crazy SweatShop, and she ended up having to work all day Saturday and most of Sunday (so gay), so she couldn't go to the Festivus of Pirates with me, so I called my Hefe and told him he was going with me. Despite his obvious and extreme scepticism that such a thing could be in any way cool or fun, he rode shotgun in the Flying Car O' Death (not much of a fan of my driving is my Hefe...)

We knew it was somewhere around the ferry terminal in Vallejo, and were following the signs keeping an eye out for anything piratey. Then we see this ginormous black flag with a skull and crossbones. Oh we had arrived. I flipped a bitch and parked right across the street from the fest, barely a block to walk to get to it. Nicely done Miss Kay. There might have been a few initial doubts in my head that this place would be full of Ren Fair cast-offs, but as soon as we walked through the gates and grabbed our map pamphlets, all of that slipped away. There were badass people dressed up as badass pirates everywhere. Not exactly of the Pirate type myself, I rocked my badass Doc Martens with a polo and my sweet sweet faux-hawk. I think I got more odd looks than the costumed folk. Everyone was jealous of my awesomeness, don't be afraid to say it out loud. There was a ginormous Great Dane with a huge badass collar and since I happend to love Big Ass Dogs it was pretty fuckin sweet.

Some badass pirate dude had not one, not two, but three parrots he was carrying around and I just knew it was a Kodak moment. I ran up to him and decided to be polite; "Excuse me, Sir? Can I get a picture of you?" ......."Sir?" Then he looks at me, head to toe, and just gives me look of utter discust and I stop trying to backpedal to keep up with him. Douche.



18 July 08---Wow, This post was saved in my drafts for no apparent reason to me other than I wanted to add my pictures... My laptop is uber gay and only likes to accept pics from me when it's feeling generous, so we're not doing that today. I've got to get to work, remember to love thy neighbor, and give some love to your local pirate.

4 comments:

INNER VOICES said...

yeah beotch a new post!!! that is some sweet action indeed! it started to sound like the pirate thing was cool? wasit fun or no? anyways great to haves you backs!!!

Tena Russ said...

Yo, Kay. Good to see your keystrokes again. You are one funny chick.

Kay said...

Voices: It was uber fun, just a bit small. We wandered all the booths pretty quickly ant the entertainment they had lined up was a little gay, but it was fun. I'd def go again.

Tena: I miss you chica! Thanks, I think I'm rather funny too.

INNER VOICES said...

WHERES MY NEW POST PUNK!?!?!