Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm not dead yet bitches.

(Bitches in the purely non-derogatory, non-female-only-oriented, sense of the word.)
Dear Blogger, forgive me for I have sinned, it's been a week since my last post.
I had one hell of a 4-day weekend. That's right, four days. Friday was filled with much home-decor shopping in the wonderful heavens that are more commonly known as Ikea, Pier One, and the Home Depot. That's right, I fucking love the Home Depot. It's all, woody, and fix-it-yourselfy, and I love it. Except for the part where I can never find anything that I'm looking for and the jerks I try to ask help from avoid ALL eye contact for 5 full minutes, till I get frustrated and go find someone else. Why is it that the people behind the Customer Service desks never want to help you? It's always some random dude in the middle of pluming who asks if you need assistance. But hey, Random Dude from pluming, "Thanks. You're uber cool man."
Anyway, it wasn't shit for my house. I was there with Jefe, we were in search of curtains, and curtain accessories. And a coffee pot, cuz I'm determined to make use of his plethora of Starbucks mugs. We started at Ikea, and up till Friday, I was an Ikea virgin. Let me just say, for a first time, it was good. I mean really good. So good I'm officially in love, and me and Ikea are going to be married, on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun rises. And then our children will form a family band. And we will tour the countryside and you won't be invited.
Yeah, like that.
So we got some curtain rods, and these beautiful floor to ceiling curtains for the living room (throw up green and beige-ish. Trust me, it works), a new towel rack for the bathroom, and some clearish-black glasses that kind of look like whiskey glasses. We found nothing of any importance in Pier One (I think Jefe got a new candle. They have some great candles there. How had I never been there either?), and nothing at all in Home Depot. Then it was time for a Starbucks break, bucause the gloriousness that is a Soy Caramel Mocciado can make anything better. After that we made a quick stop into Target for a cheap-ass coffee pot (And some DVD+Rs), and returned home to plunder our newfound booty. (I.E. put the new shit together and make some coffee.)
But being the toolbags that we are, we didn't remember to get any of the hardware needed to put the new booty together. We lucked out when Jefe remembered the extensive Junk Drawer he'd inherited upon moving in to the new place. So I got to screw in curtain rod holders, and make coffee and all sorts of Betty-the-Homemaker shit.

Ok, more on the rest of the weekend when I get around to it, but here's a teaser: VW's, Booze, poor little broken truck, Redwoods, and lots of Jefe.

No comments: