Monday, December 19, 2011

Time Flies

Wow. I sit here, one week from my last Chemoversary and I cannot believe how time has flown by. So very many things have happened in the last year, I don't even know where to begin. Honestly, about the only way I mark the passing of time anymore is how many years out I am from that last Chemo. 7 more days and we'll have hit 4 years with "no evidence of disease." And I still have nightmares where I wake up in a cold sweat, having been told that the cancer is back. Fuck cancer.

I stayed in Washington for just over two years before admitting that I couldn't handle the rain. I'm back in NorCal and I'm happy with the move. There have been good things in my world and there have been bad things. Mostly I am left with a huge amount of gratitude and love. You people are amazing and I should have kept in touch. I apologize. I've let a lot of relationships slide.

Christmas is just days away; that blows my mind. I'm not going home this year. I haven't decorated. I haven't even shopped. It's just another month in just another year. I'm not feeling it. And honestly, I'm not really feeling my family either.

Lolo and I are just sitting on the couch chilling, I'm waiting for drugs to kick in and it's hitting me: the more time goes on, the more that things change, the more they really stay the same. I love you all and am so very thankful to have had you in my world. I wish you and yours a happy holiday season, no matter what you do or do not celebrate. Be well and Fuck Cancer.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I WANT NEW POSTS! I miss you :)