Monday, March 05, 2012

Running Place Holder Until the End of the Big Gay Charity Date Auction

Hold Your Horses

Song for this post:


Read the whole Blind Gayting series here. Scroll down to 8 February and work your way up.

I know you're jonesin' for more of the story. I'm trying to do this thing right. And accurately. So I have to make sure my memory of each event checks out against my email records and notebooks. I've been back and forth so many times about whether or not to actually write out these stories that I'm determined to not fuck it up.

I will be updating every day, Monday-Friday. Most of the time I'm posting much later that I'd like to. I'm still fighting these stupid Shingles (herpes) and while I try to hold off on taking the drugs as long as I can (they make my head super foggy), I do eventually have to take them. And then I zonk out. Updates are coming. Patience young grasshopper.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Shingles? Don't you mean HERPES! AH!

I'm so impressed you are doing research. That is the sign of a true writer.

Kay said...

Yes yes. It felt wrong to type Shingles, but I figured the Herpes thing right from the beginning might scare people off. I won't be happy until the ads start mentioning Herpes (I had one today pimping out widow dating. WTF is that about? Do I give off a widowed vibe?)

Michelle said...

I get "Date Christian Soldiers!" and "Single Dads in Your Area WANT YOU!"

Um...thanks computer for thinking I need a partner to be happy. Where are the Chinese food and red wine ads?

Kay said...

ROFL I think you're winning. Or losing.

Michelle said...

Red wine is better than a bad date any day of my life. HRUMP! I don't know how to spell humph...humff...hrumff. *SNORTS DERISIVELY*

Kay said...

You're making me flashback to Blazing Saddles.

Google says it's "harumph."

That's going to get stuck in my drunken brain, thanks SOOOOO much. I'm going to drive to your house and bite you. Then probably ask to use the restroom. And then maybe crash out on the couch. And then go home.

Kay said...

Google Map'd. Expect me in 23 hours 45 mins. Ewwww, I have to take I-80 the whole way? *sigh*

Michelle said...

I-80 is exciting to drive. You never know if you will find a body along the roadside, or if the person in front of you has a meth lab in their trunk. It makes the time fly.

Kay said...

Wow. Your section of the 80 sounds like much more fun than ours. Ours goes from SF to Reno (and Tahoe). I know it goes farther, but I've only used it to go as far as San Francisco or Reno. And I've never actually been to Tahoe, which is what most people around here use it for.

I've not encountered bodies or had any knowledge of meth labs. Just traffic and road rage as carpool lanes drop off and you wind up with 2 measly lanes and dream of one of those cow-pusher things to shove slow drivers off the road. Your part of I-80 (I hate tagging things with Highway and Interstate. It's the 80. The 5. So much simpler) sounds much more amusing.