Thursday, February 23, 2012

Things That Are Distracting/Inspiring Me Right Now

Someone on the Twitter Machine just fell in love with Adidas Superstar 2s. I dug out all of mine to clean them and tell them how much I love them. If you pay attention, you see them ALL THE TIME in movies and television. It appears I've been a bad Kaylena. Seriously, all 13 pairs need to be cleaned. Dirty shoes are unacceptable. Dirty anything is unacceptable, but I really hate dirty shoes.

I've noticed I like to collect things that I like. The love of these collections is really clashing with my urge to purge my life of material things. Specifically: my t-shirts, my sneakers, my heels, my baking supplies and tools, my books. I refuse to make Lolo get rid of her toys, but I will admit that she probably has too many.

I've decided upon 3 actresses that I can now shape the General, La Femme and Kaylena around. This is probably odd to you, but groundbreaking to me.

I've started reading some of the literary classics, because obviously those writers did something right. Did you know there are some classics available for free (No monies at all) on Google's eBookstore?

I particularly like Arthur William Edgar O'Shaughnessy's "Music and Moonlight." You should recognize the opening lines of "Ode:"

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;

World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams;
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

And then there's Hemingway's "A Farewell to Arms:"

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.

Even Twitter can be inspiring. (Hemingway to Linda Perry? You know it!)

The universe is talking and I am listening. Thank goodness I'm not "very" anything, except for very contrary. And maybe stubborn. When it suits me.

There will be much more Blind Gayting. A very dear friend likes to dole out advice like "Diagnosis: you need a new set of boobies to play with." She is the same friend who is on a non-stop campaign to turn me into a slore. Plus there are many, many stories of failed dates that you have not yet heard. I'm just trapped in my head (and in my closet cleaning my sneakers) today. I love you. Be awesome today. You deserve it.

No comments: